Feb 19, 2011

My tribe

     I would work stapling papers at the The Definitive Source for English Language (and way cool reference dictionaries), The Oxford English Diction (OED), if they would have me.  As you will see here the people there understand the frustration of a future Lit and Grammar instructor.
     Perhaps my affinity for the OED is one rooted in kindred spirit? One of the major contributors of the OED when it was being compiled, was a nut case in an asylum, who felt that Irish men were tunneling under his floor boards.
     I don't think Irish men are tunneling under my floorboards, largely because I've been in my basement and have inspected. One can never be sure. (I did have small Taiwanese men with spears trying to get out of my stomach in 2009. It was pretty awful. They haven't returned. Thankfully.)

1 comment:

  1. Peligro: reports, not funded by corporate-science, indicate psychoactive fungi are possible in neglected feline litter boxes; you know the type commonly found in graduate dormitories.

    ReplyDelete