Jan 18, 2011

My penchant for black haired insulting types...

Before there was Snape



There was Jeremy Brett  


Now it's Benedict Cumberbatch (leave the name alone, people).

If you haven't seen the BBC three-episode series on PBS' MYSTERY!, then you have missed out. I didn't think anyone was better at insults than Alan Rickman (with the Rick-plan) as Snape, and I didn't think anyone was better with scathing commentary than Jeremy Brett as Holmes, until I saw Cumberbatch as Sherlock. Amazing script (though I do wish that they'd be more careful with Watson's character), well-shot and with a really hip look. Cumberbatch is amazingly fluid and at times seems to be channeling Brett.

I have purchased the DVD  of Season I (that's right: there will be a Season II in the Fall). I will be obsessing over the episodes it between classes and studying.  

Welcome to the geekdom that is my life, people....

2 comments: